Description: Exchange Incremental backup jobs are failing due to circular logging being enabled. Circular Logging will be enabled if the drive is low on disk space (about 10% or less)
Common customer description: What causes this issue?
How do you fix this issue?
Probing questions: Do you know the reason for circular logging being enabled?
Steps to isolate: Check disk space – if the disk space is low (about 10% or less), that could explain why it’s enabled
Steps to resolve:
1. Connect to the server
2. We need check to see where the exchange database is located on. Also check the disk to see how low it is.
- Go to the Exchange Management Console (located on the Exchange server or the SBS server)
- To locate the database, on the left pane, go to Microsoft Exchange On-Premises>>Organization Configuration>>Mailbox
- Right-Click on the Mailbox Database and click on Properties
- On the General Tab, it will shows the database path. Make a note of which drive the database is located on. In this case, it’s the E:
3. In order to know if you should disable it or leave it be can be tricky. Consult your backup solution and make sure you can enable it.