Instructions on how to get computer name for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7:
First open a command prompt by opening a “Run” box and type in cmd. Then in the command prompt type in hostname. What reports below that line will be the computers name. If that doesn’t work use the articles below.
1. Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel.
2. Double-click on the System icon.
3. Click on the Computer Name tab.
4. Highlight the text to the right of Full computer name and copy it by pressing Ctrl-C
(or right-click in the highlighted area and select ‘Copy’).
5. Paste the text by pressing Ctrl-V (or right-click anywhere in a text box and select ‘Paste’).
1. Click on the Windows Vista Start button on the lower left corner of your computer screen:
2. Click on the Control Panel menu item:
3. Click on the System and Maintenance link:
4. Click on the System link:
5. You will find the computer name on the System screen:
Right click on “Computer”
Select “Properties” with a left click
You will find the computer name on the System screen where you see the red box