Description: Alert that the customer’s Firewall is reporting down
Common customer description: I can’t connect to the servers
We have no internet
Probing questions: Did someone recently reboot the firewall device?
Was there a power outage?
Steps to isolate: Log into the firewall portal to verify that it went down
Steps to resolve:
1. Check the Networking Tab to find their Firewall device
2. Connect to the OM or their server and ping the firewall device
3. If your not able to ping the device, the firewall is down. Call the customer to see why it’s down
4. If you are able to ping the device, connect to the firewall’s web console
Steps on Connecting the the Firewall Web Console
1. Find the firewall’s IP Address in the Networking Tab
2. Connect to the OM or their server and type the IP address in IE, Chrome, or Firefox
3. Enter the username and password for the firewall device under the Networking Tab
4. If the device was rebooted recently, call the customer to see if they rebooted the device
Additional considerations: If the customer doesn’t know why the firewall went down or why it was rebooted, say that we will monitor this issue to see if it comes down again. If it does go down again, follow the same steps above and then call the customer again, if again they don’t know, consult with a Tier 2 tech.